The Knowledge Transfer Unit (UTC) was created in 1997. ICMAB-CSIC researchers produce continously high value scientific knowledge that can be transformed in high potential exploited technologies.
The capabilities of ICMAB-CSIC are: development and synthesis of new materials, advanced characterisation of materials, simulation and new devices design. These capabilities can be useful to solve challenges from companies belonging to a broad range of fields.
Management of the technologies offers
- Collaborate with our researchers and technicians in the evaluation, protection and commercialization of the technologies developed in ICMAB-CSIC.
- Promote the capabilities of our researchers and our scientific and technical services.
Detection of the technological needs in industry
- Interact with the industrial sector to have a deep knowledge of the technical challenges.
- Match ICMAB-CSIC capabilities with industrial challenges and facilitate collaborative projects.
- Participate in our local innovative ecosystem, boosting interaction with other research centres, technology centres and industry associations.
Promotion of Spin-offs creation
- Advise entrepreneur researchers who want to create a Spin-off to valorise and exploit ICMAB-CSIC technologies.
- Establish links with investors specialized in technology based companies.
Promote entrepreneurship in ICMAB-CSIC researchers
- Estimulate the participation of our researchers in entrepreneurship programmes.
- Organize formative activities about industrial property, technology transfer and entrepreneurship.